Saturday, April 23, 2016

Upcoming resource: 800-plus interactive exercises in Theology, World Religions, Old and New Testament Surveys, etc. (with time limit and automatic scoring)

Update as of May 20, 2016: Some 500-plus interactive exercises are now available. These exercises are hosted on Dropbox for your easy access. I will also post these exercises on a Google Drive public folder as soon as I can.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I am currently working on 800-plus interactive exercises in Theology, World Religions, Old and New Testament Surveys, and other topics. These exercises are flashcards, multiple choice questions, matching type, and cloze/gap-fill with time limit and automatic scoring. Depending on a topic’s length or complexity, the total number of items ranges from 10 to 50-plus per exercise.

As I mentioned in the Introduction, self-study is the core of this online Bible Institute. Through these interactive exercises, you can effectively measure how well you have mastered the topics you are studying.

Procedure:

(1) Download and print out the suggested resource materials.

(2) After studying a section or chapter of a resource material, take the corresponding exercise.

(3) If your score is below 70%, review the section or chapter. Then take the exercise again.

(4) Aim for a score of 85% or higher. Record your scores by using any screen grab program. If you’re using a tablet or smartphone, take screen shots of your scores.

Once I finish a series of exercises, I will immediately upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive so you can easily access them. (In fact, I have finished another 200-plus exercises, but because of problems with my 9-year old laptop, I have not been able to upload them.)

With God’s grace, I expect to finish these 800-plus exercises before 2016 ends.

No comments: